BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, May 25, 2008



Yesterday was awesome!! me and my roommates went to Yellowstone. it was my first time there and yea, it was an experience. We stopped to see the Geysers first and they smelled horrible. haha. then we went to Old Faithful and watched it go off. We ate lunch at the Lodge there and after we left we were going to do a loop in the park but Karalyn drove the wrong way towards the south entrance and when we saw the sign we just laughed. We came across a few buffalo right on the road and we stopped to take pictures. Karalyn decided to put her head out the window and irritate the buffalo and he turned his head and started to charge the car. We all freaked out haha. When we left the park, we went to this little cafe and it sucked! the food was gross and the service was horrible. blahhh. enough said. we went to the playmill...we saw Oklahoma. The lord protected us because we still had a mission we had to accomplish in this life. He was aware of me. I felt his spirit so strong. THere was no way else anyone else could have survived that pretty much the whole way home we were crying and listening to church music. WHoma! It was awesome. Then on the way home it changed. Ashley was driving and we were all relaxing and trying to sleep until she screamed and we all looked up and saw a giant moose walking across the road. she grabbed the wheel and turned to miss the moose. since it was raining we hydroplaned and spun around 3 times before we finally stopped. I went on lockdown. i was paralyzed. i just kept thinking oh gosh please dont hit the guardrail please dont flip over. It was a miracle and i think everyone could feel the higher power protecting us. We caught our breath and drove to the side of the road. we all got out and by that time we were all crying. I kept thinking how it was possible that we survien we got home i called my mom and dad and the first time in a long time i was so grateful to hear their voice. I couldnt stop crying. My love and faith in the Lord was so intense at that moment. I couldnt even describe it, i had so many thoughts running through my head. I talked to Trent for awhile and i felt so bad because he was irritating me by asking me questions and i felt horrible for the way i treated him. i was just sad he couldnt be there to comfort me. I got a blessing from mark!! he's so awesome. i was so grateful that he was so in tune with the spirit to give me such a great blessing.

Today was crazy as well. We all got up for church knowing it was going to be a really soggy sunday. We talked to bishop when we got there and he told us that we all had something we needed to be thinking about during the sacrament. I sat there and started thinking..."its such a blessing the way things turned out the way they did last night. if i would have died last night i wouldnt have made it to the celestial kingdom. I would have stood in front of my father, unworthy and disgusting to him. :( My desires are there to be clean and pure in my thoughts and deeds but i cant seem to stop giving into temptation. I hate the feelings of guilt and uncleanliness as i see others more righteous that I. Ive made mistakes and repented of them only to make the same mistakes again. Why do i not learn and continue to keep messing up and hurting myself? I get so scared of confessing because of the shame i feel. All i see is mistakes. But i truly desire to be righteous and be rid of the sin. Lately, i've felt like ive just been coasting through life not really happy or sad. Yesterday was a big wake up call for me. I realize how precious life really is and how much i need to value it. I need to be the best i can be today so i stop living in the past and move on with my life..."

Truly each day is a gift from God.....

Randi Rochelle



0 comments: