BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, March 26, 2010

Fort Hood, Texas.

So things are kinda sorta starting to wind down. Trent's family came to pick me up on the 19th and we went to get the uhaul and it took forever. The people there didn't know what they were doing and it was really frustrating cause we had to get going and we had people coming to the house to help move my stuff and if we werent there I was gonna feel bad. So i had to call everyone and tell them not to come for another half hour. Kristy was so irriated. I'd say borderline mad. Ha ha. We finally got back home and started packing everything up. Mom watched the girls for me. It took about 2 hours and we were done by 12:30. So I said goodbye to mom and she didn't cry. I was surprised. Patty came to say goodbye too. I was sad but excited at the same time to be heading to Texas to be with Trent.

The car ride was long. Holy crap. And with 2 newborns it made it even longer. But all in all the girls were really good the whole day. They slept the whole time, only waking up to be fed. I guess the vibrations of the car kept them asleep. Which was nice cause i got to catch up on my sleep when Miranda and I werent playing games on her ipod. :) We stopped at Russell Stovers and got some chocolate and walked around to stretch our legs. Finally around 11 that night we stopped somewhere in Oklahoma and spent the night. I fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow.

We got up around 6:45 the next morning and ate breakfast and then headed out. We were on the road by 8 and drove til around 1:30. Finally we got there! I got out and gave Trent a big hug! I was so excited to see him! We started unpacking the uhaul and taking everything up to the apartment. Once everything was out we went out mattress shopping and then out to eat at Applebee's. I was so freaking hungry. So after we were done we came back home and then Trent and his dad went to go buy the mattress we picked out. It was a nice memory foam one. :) I was pleased. lol. Kristy and I started unpacking everything and pretty much had everything put away by the time they got home. THe next day we went shopping and got everything we needed for the aparment that we couldn't bring with us. ANd then we got grocery's as well. His parents probably spent a good thousand dollars on us. I felt so bad but so grateful for everything! We came back and went out to lunch at Casa Ole and then went out to shop for a car. I didn't think we were even going to get one anytime soon. I thought we were just looking to get an idea of what we wanted. But I ended up finding a Toyota 4 runner! It was red and a 2003. I loved it instantly. So yeah, his dad ended up buying it for us. HA! AWESOME! I was thrilled ! So after that, we came home and unpacked a bit more and his parents ended up leaving that night so it was our first night on our own and it went pretty well.

The girls are doing great. Trent is learning day by day what it takes to take care of them. I don't think he expected it to quite be as much of a challange as it is but he'll get there. :)

Anyways, we have a lot of things to get done today on base so that's all for now.

0 comments: